The Tilbury House Debating Society is proud to announce that the 17th Annual Final will be held on January 24th 2014 at 7 pm in the Neue Senatssaal. Awarded will be the best team of the final, the best speaker of the final as well as the best newcomer of the tournament. The debate will be judged by an higly esteemed honorary jury consisting of
- Angela Spizig (Vice Major of the City of Cologne; Bündnis 90 Die Grünen)
- Prof. Achim Wambach (Director of the Institute for Economic Policy, University of Cologne)
- Dr. Wolfram Nolte (Chairman, Freunde des Wallraf-Richartz-Museum und des Museum Ludwig e.V.)
- Hans-Jürgen von Osterhausen (Chairman, DBG e.V., Cologne)
- Leonard Münstermann (President of Tilbury House)
The final is open to the public and we highly encourage you to bring as many friends, family members or acquaintances as possible to show them what debating is. After the heated debate we will have some free beer and a lovely buffet. It will certainly be an entertaining evening. Some impressions from the 15th Annual Final can be found here.