Tilbury House welcomes newcomers throughout the semester and semester breaks. Nevertheless its best to join at the beginning of the semester in order to participate in our introductory workshops and our winter tournament.
Are you interested in British parliamentary style debating? The easiest way to learn more about us is to come to one of our sessions. We meet every Tuesday at 7.30 p.m. in Hörsaal XVII b (room changes may vary during the semester break; Please take a look in the current announcements on the main page). In the summer semester and the semester breaks everybody can come and join us any time. In the winter semester, however, it would be best to join at the beginning, as we hold a semester-long internal tournament. The tournament ends with a Grand Finale where a external, honorary jury will award the best team, best speaker and the best newcomer.
Dates & Location:
Tuesdays, 19:30 – 21:30, S13 (Hauptgebäude)
Newcomer introduction: possible at any time.
For the summer semester 2019, the Newcomer Day will take place 4th April 2019.
- Competitive environment that helps…
- improving your rhetorical skills
- gaining confidence in public speaking
- improving your English
- Detailed individual feedback
- Work in a group of highly committed, high quality students
- Personal contact to high profile sponsors
- Great fun!
- English at least on conversational level
- Regular attendance
- Organizational help for Tilbury House events
If so, Tilbury House is the best place to go in Germany. To get an idea of what we do, check out this webpage!